Retirement is a phase of life which allows a person to live his life as he wants. Let’s check out some interesting places where you can go after retirement. This article has listed the 10 best places to retire.
After retirement, a person can do everything which he couldn’t when he was working. Many people prefer staying at home with their families and loved ones because with their growing age, they need their family more than ever before. They want someone to stay with them, talk to them, take care of them, and love them. While working or during your professional lives you tend to make many sacrifices which you would like to make up for after retirement. Some of the retirees stay away from home, mostly where the climate is good, and enjoy their lives in peace. Hence, the places they usually opt for are resorts, beaches, hilly areas, etc. There are many places where you can retire. Let us see such 10 best places to retire.
1. San Diego, California: The economy of San Diego is driven by the real estate sector, retail, technology, tourism, etc. It has the best climate in U.S. The places for people to visit are Torrey Pines, which is a public golf course, San Diego Zoo, museums, Mount Soledad, and many more. One can enjoy the climate with a lot of outdoor activities. You will find a diverse culture here. However, San Diego is very expensive.
2. Long Island, New York: This place has a varied culture. The most famous place you can visit is Montauk Point lighthouse which is now a museum. The sports carried out there are known as the lighthouse sports which are very popular among the tourists. Other places that you can visit in Long Island are Naussau Coliseum (NHL hockey games are played here), Atlantis Marine World Aquarium, Belmont Stakes (horse racing), and Long Beach.
3. Austin, Texas: It has a strong culture and also the oldest golf course in the state named Hancock Golf Course. You will also find a museum and a named LBJ Library. It is a big city and has a cosmopolitan culture. You can see places like Museum of Art Laguna, The Art house – fosters contemporary art, 23rd Street open air Artists Market, Austin Museum of Art, and Cultural Art center.
4. Boston, Massachusttes: You will find some of the famous universities in Boston such as Harvard, Boston College, MIT, Tufts, and Brandeis. The city celebrates many festivals. You will find many restaurants, theaters, and parks here. But the cost of living is high in Boston.
5. Phoenix, Arizona: Being a desert, it is encompassed by hills and mountains. The institutions include the Phoenix Symphony Hall for ballet dancing and opera, Orpheum Theater, Dodge theater, US Airways Center, and Jobing Arena. It is a big city with extremely hot summers.
6. Charlotte, North Carolina: It is a very fast growing city with many banks and financial institutions.Charlotte offers job opportunities for retirees as well and the housing cost is also quite low. Bank of America and Wachovia have their headquarters in Charlotte. You will find many cultural activities here.
7. Portland, Oregon: Portland is a good place for the retirees. You can find beautiful views of lakes and mountains. There are opportunities to work and voluntary activities. The places you can see in Portland are The International Rose Test Garden in Washington Park, Portland State University, art organizations such as Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, Oregon Historical Society Museum, Portland Art Museum, Portland Center Stage, Oregon ballet theatre, Oregon Symphony, and the Portland Opera. You can also see The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry and parks like Tom McCall Waterfront Park, and Forest Park. There are many outdoor activities like snow skiing.
8. Tampa, Florida: Tampa has good weather and many places to live in. You can find many parks and historical places in Tampa. It has a diverse economy and many cultural opportunities. There are many theater companies and college sports. You can see the Museum of Science and Industry and the Performing Art Center. Many concerts are organized in Tampa.
9. Denver, Colorado: You can find around 28 recreational centers and around 200 parks in Denver. It has many sporting activities and scientific institutions like Denver Museum of Nature & Science, Denver Zoo, the Denver Botanic Gardens, etc. It also has one of the World’s best airports.
10. Chicago, Illinois: It is a big city with many parks and a beautiful overview of Lake Michigan. You can find the Chicago Art Museum and the Chicago Theater here. But the major drawback is that it is expensive.
These are considered to be America’s best places to retire. You can study these places and do your retirement planning accordingly.